Global Hardware Installation Services
We plan and manage in global deployments, ranging from one unit to tens of thousands of devices. In accordance with U.S. Government network access and security requirements, ITG provides applicable cleared personnel for the duration of the hardware installation deployments.
ITG has performed more than 150,000 hardware installations and data migrations. These engagements are distributed across commercial and government markets, encompassing more than 1,850 domestic and international locations.
The hardware installation process adopted by ITG is a structured, systematic methodology that has evolved from lessons learned in previous installations. Successful adherence to established installation schedules is only obtained when precursor activities of acquisition, distribution, client site schedule coordination, and personnel deployment are appropriately coordinated, monitored, and tracked.
The logistics of coordinating equipment deliveries and scheduling installation personnel, with appropriate qualifications and security clearances is handled by our experienced logistic experts. Our ITG has provided acquisition, distribution, and installation of computer systems for many years and during this time has developed the necessary communication, tracking, and monitoring systems to ensure that the installation process runs smoothly.
Software and Hardware Installation Process
Installation team members are specifically selected by the corporate-level installation specialist in order to ensure a proper mix of hardware installation expertise while at the same time ensuring schedule adherence and minimizing logistics cost.
ITG’s hardware and software installation process encompasses a number of steps designed to provide smooth and efficient component installation. These activities include:
- Site Surveys and Audits
- Deployment, planning, and scheduling
- Just in Time Delivery
- Asset Management
- On-site equipment receiving and staging
- Transport of components from loading/staging area to installation area
- Un-boxing of shipped components
- Performance of the installation process in accordance with client approved procedural guidelines
- In conjunction with installation of the new component, de-installation of the existing component and associated peripheral equipment identified at the individual site location
- Data Migration
- Migration of user documents and personnel settings
- Installation of the new software image
- Injection of user documents and personnel settings
- Testing and certification of the new components
- Boxing of the de-installed components
- Movement of the de-installed components and all related components from the replaced hardware to an area designated by the local site contact
- Removal of all packing boxes, materials, debris from the installation site area to a designated location either on- or off-site
- Asset Recovery
ITG has a customized data migration system to meet unique customer needs. The result is a proven set of consistent and verifiable migration steps, which are under configuration control and subject to audit by our Quality Assurance staff. These steps preserve data integrity, require little or no customer system administrator involvement, and exert virtually no impact on end-user productivity.
These planning steps accelerate system deployment, provide security for migrated data and ensure that data transferred is readable, useable and appropriately integrated in the new operating system. They include:
- Assessment of current network architecture
- Development of strong communication interfaces to minimize data migration interference with business processes
- Customization to reflect specific environmental policies and data handling requirements, including security
- Development of migration plan and schedule to minimize end-user downtime
- Data migration using well-defined procedural guidelines
- Validation of data migration success and integrity
ITG understands the correlation between computer installations and data migration services. We apply our years of experience and industry Best Practices standards to mitigate and manage risks associated with a technology refresh, even before they arise. Our goal is to make your migration experience consistent and reliable.